
Tuesday, July 15
We left Brunswick today, on the start of our roughly 750 mile trip north to Virginia. While in Georgia, I had a whirlwind visit back to Ontario.(not a flying visit because I drove). The main reasons were to celebrate my Mum's birthday and see as many of our girls and grandchildren as I could. The spare time was taken with fitting in various medical appointments for my Mum and myself. Driving back south I left the van in Deltaville and went the rest of the way to Brunswick with Chris in a rental car. This way our van will be waiting for us when we bring the boat up.
As is the custom, as soon as we left the dock at Brunswick something seemed to be wrong. We weren't positive until the end of the day, but sure enough, the alternator wasn't working. Chris was surprised as he had taken it all apart while we were at the dock, reinstalled and tested it, and it was working fine. After our mishaps in the Bahamas we realized it would be wise to have a spare alternator but had put off getting one. So we were back to square one, without an alternator and without a spare. The batteries were getting a very very slight charge, but we would only be able to use electricity if it was absolutely essential. (Back to peeing in a bucket, with our electric loo)
No comments:
Post a Comment