Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Briefest of Updates

I promised to write about our trip to Asia, but as everyone who has an interest in that has already seen the pictures and heard the stories I decided instead to create a separate blog here (currently under construction with nothing in it!) which I will add to in due course.

On the boat front progress has been slow. As well as being away until mid-April, we have also been away for 6 weeks in June and July. We returned to the boat yard the very beginning of August and are starting back where we left off. Chris has got the outdrive back on, and yesterday did what needed doing with all the through-hulls. We are actually floatable!

Now, we need to test the engine - routine we hope - then get the mast prepped to go up. This involves threading all the various instrument wiring through it, etc., a fiddly and time-consuming exercise.

The weather is VERY hot and humid. We have three large fans constantly running at top speed inside the boat and that makes it bearable - just. Internet is still variable. I don't know if the tornado in April affected it, but it never seems to have been the same since.




No comments: